Lean Six Sigma is the single most power tool and methodology available today for businesses. It offers the highest level of technical and business knowledge and presents it in a way that is practical and easy to apply. Lean Six Sigma is well documented as a way to improve customer loyalty, employee loyalty and ownership value. Borrowing from karate where expertise is measured by belt color, a four belt progression is offered (white, yellow, green and black).
- Achieve significant improvements in critical business processes.
- Apply statistical and problem solving tools to an improvement project brought to class on the first day.
- Reduce process variation
- Eliminate waste and defects by applying lean and Six Sigma
- Collect, analyze, and quantify data that enable process improvements
- Learn how to execute the Six Sigma methodology.
- Establish and define process capability
- Identify and eliminate dominant process variation sources.
- Characterize and optimize processes by computing and applying statistical techniques.
- Design, simulate, and execute designed experiments that depict validated improvement.
- Learn how to plan and implement process control to hold project gains.
This course is designed for individuals from diverse organizational functions—operations, quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering, and other staff functions seeking to bring significant business results to their organizations.
Participants are traditionally well versed in technical aspects of their jobs, are team leaders, and are effective project facilitators. Candidate should have 5 years or more professional or work technical experience.
Successful completion of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt | PC laptop computer
Maximum 25 persons